Vintage

| | 0 comments
    I'm proud to say that I just had the great opportunity to play around, for the first time, with some very old, very special film cameras!
    They belong to the father of a friend of mine, who, in his youth, had the passion of capturing and framing those special moments in time. Yes, I'm talking about photography. He owns no more than three slr cameras, all in good condition, still working just fine, still snapping pictures like they used to do 30 years ago. We started talking and he told me that, besides making pictures, he used to have his dark room too, where he would develop the roles by himself. The pictures would usually go on 8x10 prints, but occasionally he would go on and print even larger formats, for the local school, end-of-the-year-Christmas-party group shots.
    Here's the Zenit with a 50mm f2.0. In perfectly good condition, I even snapped away a few frames. I couldn't believe how bright the viewfinder was!


     A Yashica FX-3 Super  coupled with a 50mm f1.8. This one is a bit newer, not as old as the Zenit, and you can tell that from the materials they used to built the body, which are lighter and more plasticy. 



     The other one I couldn't figure out what model was it, but it too was in working order, it was the largest of the three and also, had a 50 stuck to it. 
      I don't know about you, but I'm just dying to go buy a Kodachrome and take this babies out for a walk!
      I think having a only 36 frames limit in your light-proof box is such a creativity catalyst that it can open your eyes in a way digital cameras nowadays fail to do it most of the times. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About

Amateur photographer. Professional nerd. Bogdan Bontaș | Create Your Badge

Total Pageviews

All content on this site is copyrighted and belongs to the owner. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

 
Facebook Flickr